- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot or 1/4 of a white onion, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the squash:
- 1 (2-3 pounds) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to end and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes.
- Let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh out and set aside.
- Season shrimp with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add shrimp, garlic and shallot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add squash and spinach to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in basil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, topped with shrimp and garnished with Parmesan.
Nutrition Info: Calories 205, Protein 26g, Carb 10g, Fat 12g.