- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15-oz. can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked and tender. Should take between 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and return to crock pot to combine.
- Serve soup topped with, avocado, light sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), cilantro, and lime.