Now that we are a couple of weeks into our Beach Body Builder program, one of the struggles I hear a lot is dinner time and having to prepare meals that everyone can eat.
Even at the Gritton house we struggle with this, so I wanted to share a healthy recipe that not only helps me stay on track with good food choices but one that Brandy and the whole family can enjoy.
It’s called Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pasta, but we have made a few adjustments to add protein and taste a little better.
Here are the ingredients you will need from the store:
- 8ozs of Dried Ziti
- 1 Medium Onion medium sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4-5 Medium Tomatoes coarsely chopped (should make about 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp of Salt
- 3 Cups of Spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Slivered Almonds
- 2tbsp of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Here is how Brandy prepares the dish (because you know I’m not cooking it!)
- Cook the chicken breasts and toast the slivered almonds (while they are cooking, begin next few steps)
- Cook the pasta, drain and keep warm
- In a large skillet cook onion, garlic cloves and olive oil
- Add tomato and salt then cook and stir over medium heat for about 2minutes or until tomatoes are warm
- Stir in spinach – Cook until greens are wilted
- Once everything is cooked, dice up the chicken breasts and if needed add into the cooking greens (and all other ingredients) to re-warm
- Then pour mixture and chicken over the pasta
- Then top with the slivered almonds
You can reduce the total calories and fat by taking less of the ziti and almonds.
For the rest of the family put a little extra Parmesan Cheese, on top, to add more flavor.
I hope everyone enjoys this as much as my family does.
Keep in mind that with this dinner recipe and any other dinner choice you want to look for lean cuts of meat as much as possible. I know supper and post supper are difficult times, but it is so worth it when you do this for a few days and then weeks in a row. I guarantee you will feel the difference in a very short amount of time.
Here is how you know if you made good super choices; if you wake up hungry then you nailed it. If you wake up full then you should evaluate your choice the night before.
If you are a current ACAF member look out for the 4-Week Meal Plan offer. I will be making our Body Balance done-for-you meal plans and exact shopping lists available at an extremely reduced price. Watch for that information in the next couple of days.
If you are not currently an active ACAF member then I want to extend a very special offer to join our Beach Body Program where everyone (including myself and 3 other coaches) are working to build the best Beach Bodies we have ever had. There are 9.5 weeks left in the program and I want to extend the invitation to sit down with me for a private consultation (an $85 value) to determine your plan of action and which one of our programs are a good fit for you. Contact Shelly in our main office to reserve one of those spots before they are gone. (678) 364-6800
Remember the old saying; “You are what you Eat”
Dedicated to your Health;
Did you know that the top winner of the Beach Body Builder (highest percentage of body-fat lost) will win themselves not only a new body, but $500 CASH? You can still join in, but you gotta contact Shelly to setup your consultation.