- 2 large eggplants
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cups of your favorite low sugar tomato sauce
- 1/2 – 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into rounds about 1 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic, black pepper, and oregano.
- Spray each eggplant slice with cooking spray on both sides and dredge in dry mixture, coating evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set baking racks inside of it – I use metal cooling racks. If you don’t have these then you can lay them flat on the sheet.
- Lay flat and bake for 25 minutes, flipped halfway through baking or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spoon tomato sauce on each circle of eggplant and top with cheese.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve as is, with salad, on top of spiralized zucchini, or spaghetti squash.